It’s time for the fireworks.
If you want to be among the 100,000 people at this year’s 4th on Flagler festival, you can enjoy classic American food and craft brews while strolling along the West Palm waterfront and listening to live music. Here are some highlights:
- A Military Honor Ceremony recognizing all the branches of the armed services and their affiliated organizations.
- A performance of patriotic American classics by the Bobby Rodriguez Orchestra.
- Unfurling of a three-story American flag on the side of the Esplanade Grande building.
- Honoring of the 2016 Hometown Hero.
- Additional live music by Quick Fix, Jason K & Signal Fire, The Rua, Liddy Clark, and County Line Road. Read more about each band online.
- DJ Dance Party from 5-10 p.m. in Post Park.
Want to stay on the island? You’ll still have a fabulous view of the fireworks. Make your way to the north or middle bridges, or somewhere along the Lake Trail, to watch as the 18-minute display lights up the Intracoastal.
The Independence Day celebration starts a couple days early, with the BBQ, Brews & Blues party in historic Northwest (three blocks north of Clematis on Rosemary). Nibble on pulled pork while blues plays in the background at this family-friendly event. The party goes from 5-9 p.m. on Saturday, July 2.